Tuesday, March 06, 2007

"Chicken" Chaat

Since I mentioned this recipe previously here and I do make it CONSTANTLY (I can't help it. It's really good and really quick to whip-up. ), I thought I would post my recipe for "Chicken" Chaat:

400 grams of firm yaki doufu (or 200 grams each of momen and yaki doufu)
200 grams of shirataki (optional, but highly recommended)
3/4 tsp of salt
3/4 tsp ground hot pepper
1 tsp of ground garlic
4 tsp of ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric

3 Tbsp real lemon juice
4 Tbsp of salt-free butter or ghee

Toss all in a semi-deep pan and cook while stirring over low for about 10 minutes.
You can eat it right away, but as with all Indian food, it tastes best if it has the chance to absorb the flavor for a few hours or over nite. :)

-Best served over Basmati or Jasmine rice-

Thanks again for stopping into my little corner of the 'net, and Happy Browsing!!

Ads make the world go around. Help us out!

No comments: