Wednesday, November 24, 2010

wheat woes

Yes, thank you.
Someone qualified pointing out how harmful wheat (food) allergies are.



What can one say?
One of the reasons I hate living in the US is the blatant disregard for people suffering from wheat/gluten allergy. And at the same time, America is a wheat and meat based food culture. In other words, everything from chocolate to coffee (flavored) is CONTAMINATED.
That is unless you want to cough up 3-4 times the $amount$ for 'safe' food with 1/3 the equivalent taste.

But worse than the price gouging is the outright mean ignorance.
Just see what happens if you suggest to the mother of a shellfish allergy child, "Oh, it's not that bad. She can eat a little."
Or even better, "Ugh, you're just making it up."
(really)

I have never met this kind of mean, arrogant ignorance in Japan or Korea (and Korea, in general, is an angry, angry country) so I can only attribute it to the culture here. Personally, I always suggest that before insulting another person, get your facts straight first before you show how much of a self-centered idiot you really are.
But that's just me. I like to be soundly armed. (^_-)-☆


Cheers!
Thanks again for stopping into my little corner of the 'net, and Happy Browsing!!

Ads make the world go around. Help us out!

No comments: